Dr Rebecca Michalak
Rebecca is dynamic speaker, published author and no-nonsense HR professional. A dedicated change agent with a reputation for tenaciously tackling complex issues head-on, Rebecca has several years’ experience as a public presenter, expert panelist, facilitator and trainer with audiences ranging from international to domestic, Executive and business leader to front-line, and from several hundred attendees through to invite-only client boardroom sessions.
Committed to customization to fully meet specific audience needs, Rebecca’s previous, upcoming, and available speaking topics broadly include but are not limited to:
- Working with Monsters: Counting the Costs of Workplace Psychopaths and Other Toxic Employees
- Why Your Wellbeing Policy is Sh*t
- Greatest Asset or Greatest Liability? Managing People Risk
- The Role of Corporate Governance in Global Burden of Disease: A Wicked Problem?
- Beyond Resilience: Increasing Business Productivity Through Effective Psychosocial Risk Management
- Fifty Shades of Psychological Safety
- Corporate Sustainability: What It Really Means in a Knowledge Worker Context
- These Are Not the Hazards You Are Looking For
- But The Tip of the Iceberg: Our Hidden Psychological Injuries Epidemic
- The Business Case for Employee Wellbeing and Health
- Rhetoric Versus Reality: Closing the Chasm
- Prevention, Not Cure: Step Away from the Mindfulness and Resilience Cookie Jar
- Managing Knowledge Workers for Optimal Performance
- What is Your End Game? Courting Compliance Versus Employer of Choice
- High Performance Cultures through Psychological Safety and Stress Optimization
- Breaking Down Silos: Why HR + WHS Need to Stop, Collaborate and Listen
- “You broke my mind”: Exploring the Complexities of Psychological Injury Claims.
- Unacceptable Workplace Behaviour: What Everyone Must Know and Managers Must Do.
Best described as a HR Strategist with special interest in the corporate governance implications of ‘people’ risk management and worker performance, Rebecca brings to her speaking engagements over 15 years’ experience in senior management, consulting, and strategic human resources management roles in the private, not-for-profit, and public sectors. Her perspective on managing human resources for strategic competitive advantage is knowledge-worker centric and underpinned by social sustainability principles.
Dr Michalak also holds a PhD in Business (University of Queensland), an MBA (Strategic HRM) and a Master of Management Research (University of Western Australia), and BA Psychology Hons. (Organisational Psychology) from Murdoch University.
Rebecca is also a Certified Trainer and Assessor, a Certified Psychometrics (Team Management Systems) Practitioner, and University of Queensland Alumni Future Leader Program Awardee (2014). Her professional memberships include Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors, and Certified Professional Member, Australian Human Resources Institute.
Information on Rebecca:
Available for: Panel Speaker; Guest Speaker; Workshops.
Categories: HR, IR & Safety; Leadership & Development
Travels from: Perth